Golden rules for safe e-commerce
In cooperation with the Association of Banks of Slovenia (ZBS), we remind our customers to be careful when making payments and purchases with cards online and to check the online point of sale.
1. Check the online sales point or merchant.
2. Check the contact details of the point of sale.
3. Check the domain of the website through which you intend to buy.
4. Make sure that the address bar of the online shop displays https (example: https://naslov.com/), which proves that it is a secure connection.
5. Don't fall for fake online shops.
6. All the fake shops Si-Cert has been able to trace are similar in design - offering products from well-known brands at extremely low prices.
7. You should be aware that once you have accepted a dubious offer and transferred money to a fraudulent trader, there is very little room for manoeuvre to act and get your money back.
This makes it all the more important to check the online trader thoroughly and find out as much information as possible before you make a purchase. For further information and guidance on how to pay safely with cards online, please visit https://www.varninainternetu.si/.